The development of iOS mobile apps has become increasingly popular over the years. The App Store offers a wide range of apps that can help you stay connected, entertained, and informed. With the right resources and guidance, anyone can create an iOS program. This essay will provide an overview of everything you need to know about iOS mobile program development.
Before getting started, it is vital to understand the publishing limitations of the platform, including the need for app approval before being released. Additionally, the iOS development cost and the time it will take to complete the project are worth considering. We covered all that in the article.
iOS App Statistics
The app industry is flourishing financially, and for the most part, it’s courtesy of iOS in-app purchases. Statistics show they are responsible for 78% of all revenue, which reached $935 billion in 2023.
The Apple Store currently has 2 million apps that have been collectively downloaded 100 billion times. 92.3% of the apps on the are free, but many include in-app purchases. This model that Apple invented is called freemium.
Why Build an iOS app?
Apple users are known to have high purchasing power and spending habits when it comes to apps. With the Store’s large user base, launching an iOS program can open up many opportunities to monetize your business. Luckily, Apple provides developers with multiple resources and tools to help them create and maintain their programs.
The iOS platform is also known for being user-friendly, making it easy to create an app that is both user-friendly and intuitive. Whether you want to create a program for entertainment, business, or gaming, the App Store provides the perfect platform to launch your app into the world.
Creating an iOS application can provide a range of benefits to users. Developing it on iOS allows you to take advantage of the wide range of features available through the Apple platform, such as gesture control, high-resolution graphics, and more. Additionally, iOS apps are often more secure than applications developed for other platforms, providing a safe and reliable experience for users. And as mentioned above, iOS programs generate a higher revenue than other platforms, making them ideal for businesses and entrepreneurs.
iOS Style Guidelines
Unlike Android, designing an iOS phone or an iPad is very specific and follows stringent style guidelines. Here’s a brief list of a few guidelines to follow when building an iOS application:
- Designers should use as much screen space as possible, prioritizing content.
- The animation has to be purposeful, seamless, and not disorienting.
- Branding should be sparse and unobtrusive. Again, it’s better to give priority to content.
- When using colors, take into account colorblindness and other visual disorders.
- Colors shouldn’t be distracting, and the text should be clear.
- It’s preferable to allow the screen to adjust when the user increases or decreases font size.
- Font size shouldn’t vary in style or size on different program screens.
- Using built-in icons is better than using custom icons.
- Use friendly but appropriate language and avoid jargon.
iOS Publishing Guidelines
Apple is all for creating a unique and purposeful program instead of app clones that provide no additional value for users. Before an application can be published on the App Store, it must first meet Apple’s guidelines. The Store review team will review your app and check for technical, content, and design issues. To ensure that your application complies with the App Store requirements, make sure that it has a stable and reliable foundation and that the design, user interface, and user experience are all up to Apple’s standards. Finally, the application must be secure to be approved for publishing.
Some of the guidelines:
- Content should be inoffensive to anyone and safe for kids.
- Data should be complete, with all necessary information.
- Submit a final version of the application and not a beta version. You can submit the beta version to TestFlight.
- The program should comply with local laws where it is released.
iOS Development Cost
The cost of developing an iOS application depends on many factors, such as the type of program, the features included, the development company, and the project’s timeline. On average, the development cost of an iOS app can range anywhere from $10,000 to $250,000. Note that prices may increase if the project requires additional resources and features. You can decrease costs by using pre-built templates and platforms.
When considering the cost of developing an iOS application, it is also essential to factor in the price of ongoing maintenance and updates. Apple is constantly releasing new OS versions, and the program must be updated to ensure it remains compatible. Additionally, the app must be updated regularly to fix bugs and enhance features. If you create it for commercial use, you may also need to pay for an Apple developer account.
Building an iOS Program with the App Builder
What is the App Builder?
The App Builder is an easy-to-use platform that enables users to create and publish their own Android and iOS applications without any coding knowledge. The platform offers various features to help users build the perfect app, including a drag-and-drop interface, an intuitive dashboard, and a library of customizable templates. With the app builder, users can create an iOS program quickly and efficiently.
Features and What You Can Do with Them
- Built-in messenger and chatbots for building a messaging app
- Booking features for building events or appointment booking applications
- A customizable e-store for e-commerce platforms
- Channels, news feeds, and group chats for creating community and school apps, fan clubs, and more.
- Multiple payments integrations
- QR scanners and code generations
- Integrations with third-party servers for banking and telecom solutions
Pricing and Time
With the nandbox native no-code app builder, you won’t need thousands of dollars to build an app. Instead, you can subscribe for a monthly fee that ranges from $59 to $359, depending on the app’s capacity and included features. Each pricing plan is well-thought-out to ensure that you get real value for the price. If you wish to scale up limitlessly, you can contact our team to ask for the custom plan price, tailored based on your needs.
As for time, you can finish your app on your lunch break; it takes less than an hour. Let’s walk you through the steps.
How to Create an iOS App with the App Builder
- Choose the app type you want to build. You have endless options for solutions, and you can take it a step further by creating a multipurpose app. Your app idea ought to be original to get approval from the Apple Store, so before you start building, take a ride on the app builder to explore its capabilities and what you can offer through it. Also, study the market needs and see what can be a fresh yet trendy idea.
- Select a template from our library. Templates are under categories for easy selection, and each template contains features fitting to each type. For example, an e-commerce application would be easier to set up if you pick the Amazon template. It has a built-in customizable store, search bar, QR scanner, and more.
- You can rearrange features to your liking and fiddle with them to make your app unique. Moreover, you can mix ones from different categories for different solutions. For example, your store could have a channel to broadcast news and share offers. Or include a store for your sports club app for selling merchandise.
- Afterward, you can configure settings like:
- General settings
- Signup and registration
- Google ads activation
- Selecting the payment method on your application
- Setting up bots and integrating APIs
- Entering your app’s terms and conditions
- Invitation links
- Adding a Splash Screen
Testing and Publishing
- You will never know if your app is ready for release until you’ve tested it multiple times. Create a beta version and upload it to TestFlight, an Apple platform, for testing. Assign members of your team to do the testing. Luckily testing an iOS or iPad is less troubling than an Android one because Apple is the only iOS vendor, so there are fewer versions to test. Still, try to test your app on as many devices as possible. Testing minimizes bugs and performance issues and decreases the chances of the Apple Store rejecting your application.
- Read the Apple Store Publishing guidelines, then reread them. Make sure you understand every point and consult a lawyer concerning legal matters.
- Submit the app and await approval, which should take around 24 hours if the application is all good and more in case of an incomplete submission.
Creating an iOS program is a great way to reach a large audience and monetize your business. With the App Builder, you can build an iOS application quickly and efficiently without any coding knowledge or experience. By taking the time to understand the Apple Store’s publishing guidelines and using the App Builder’s intuitive platform and customizable templates, you can create one that is user friendly and up to Apple’s standards. Sign up and build an iOS application now.