One might think loneliness is a temporary physical absence of suitable people nearby. But in fact, it is not. The male view of loneliness is this: a man who knows what he wants, has unshakable life values, and knows the value of his words will not feel lonely.
Only a person who is torn apart by mental torment and who does not know how to properly dispose of his own life will be tormented by the search for the meaning of his existence. A person needs support and encouragement by his side. But a person must be fulfilled in his own right. There is no need to look for the meaning of life in someone else.
A person who does not find much pleasure in spending time in his society must understand that others will be bored with such a person. Therefore, you should not get rid of loneliness by filling it with another person. First, you need to solve all your internal problems and only then look for a person with a similar system of interests and values.
10 Benefits of Being a Single Man
As you get older, you realize that being a single man is not so bad. In today’s world, it’s time to remove the obligation to be in a relationship or to be married. Where does this obligation come from? You know very well what you want out of life. Who says self-love can’t be reciprocated? How can you be happy alone? Think about the good things about being single.
What are the pros to being a single man and why being single is better?
- You decide what your ambitions are, who you want to work for, and how much you want to earn.
- All your time is yours alone. You can spend it on your hobbies, desires, and passions. You spend your time on weekends and evenings the way you want it.
- You can radically change your life, quit your job and go to another country.
- You can decide for yourself where to put all your efforts and other resources. You can work hard, rest hard, or travel hard. Aren’t there advantages of being a single man?
- You don’t have to be torn between work, hobbies, friends, and relationships.
- No one is blowing your mind or dripping on you that you have to do something. If you don’t want to clean up or go out or do something, that’s fine.
- No one is demanding that you change and be someone else that you’re not.
- You can make time for your plans instead of sacrificing them for someone else who you might not even work out with later.
- You don’t have to ask someone’s permission when you do something. You’re an adult, which means you’re your own boss.
- You have many friends when you’re alone. The best part of being single is when everyone calls you out, to the bar, to travel. Everyone pulls you into adventures that are always cool. You’re never bored.
Pros and Cons of Being a Single Man
People, of course, are social creatures, it is believed that for a happy and full life, every person needs such interactions as friends, a significant other, but of course also colleagues, so is there anything wrong with those who quite cope without company in life, not at all, because solitude has many perks of being single, but there are also minuses.
Let’s figure it out and find out what the pros and cons of being single are. So, the benefits of being single:
- Firstly — you are your own master. You are not necessary to coordinate the time and place for recreation and wait for the company to be late or blush when you are late.
- Second — no one will judge you. It is useful for a person from time to time to be in an environment where you do not have to try too hard to earn social points and begin to feel good, of course in quotes, how to answer, what to wear, what to tell a joke
- Third — you can hear yourself. A unique and pleasant moment in solitude is an opportunity to listen to your inner feelings, to gather your thoughts, to consider solutions to pressing problems, because the ability to respond to stress is a limited resource, any person must necessarily recover, so let this self-therapy takes place in special comfortable conditions, in your own time and alone with yourself.
- Fourth — who are you when you are alone with yourself, do you know yourself well? Many even adults often have a stupor when they try to be honest with themselves, usually, forever single men are used to defining themselves through the actions and words that occur in communication with others, they are as if they are talking about themselves out loud. In order to better understand yourself will help solitude, let me remind you that a good understanding of who you are is the key to a healthy psychological and mature life, in addition, trying to answer this question gives a great bonus in self-development.
And now to the disadvantages of being single.
- The first is that you are forced to be a forever single man, there is a danger of going from moderate solitude to real hermitage, here it is important not to cheat and understand, you spend time alone because you are satisfied enough with the number of social contacts or because socializing with people does not bring you pleasure, because of, for example, low self-esteem, unpleasant surroundings, and other things.
- Second — you can go from self-analysis to self-digging, trying to take your personality to pieces can be attributed to the pluses, the negative consequences occur when a person is too strict with himself or even harbors a total hatred for his personality.
- The third one is underestimated self-esteem. Not always, but this point follows from the previous one, it works like this, the more a person analyzes himself, the more flaws he notices in himself, even those others do not notice.
Things to Do When Single Guy
Of course, almost everyone dreams of finding a soul mate. But that day isn’t here yet, and you should be glad you’re not in a relationship. Of course, we all want to find someone one day. But here are 9 benefits of staying single.
- The opportunity to check out all those “ifs.” The random girl you met at a party or find a wife online free, who made you lose your head forever. When you’re free, you can follow those “ifs” and see where it leads.
- Don’t shave. Your legs, your beard, or any other part of your body — don’t shave them and save those 15 minutes in the morning just because you don’t feel like shaving. That’s a luxury only available to a single person.
- Crazy nights! Being single is better when you can get out and stay out as long as you want without worrying that your significant other is tired or her feet hurt or you had to call or she had to get up early in the morning or “you’re so old!” said in a fake pitiful voice and sympathetic smiles when you leave. You can safely go out in the middle of the night with a friend. If you meet someone you like at two in the morning, you can kiss her, go home with her, or just take her number. And if you suddenly feel like eating a slice of pizza or even a whole pizza at four in the morning, you can do it with no problem. Who cares?
- Have a relaxing weekend! Conversely, if you want to spend the whole weekend cozying up in your room and watching all the seasons of your favorite show, ordering food, sleeping half a day and wearing your ripped sweatpants, stalking people on Facebook just because you’re in the mood — you can. You can ignore all the phone calls and just disappear without any guilt.
- Sleeping across the bed. It’s an illusion that sharing a bed with someone is comfortable. It’s not bad, but having a whole bed just for yourself is cooler.
- You don’t need to hang out with someone else’s friends. You have your own friends, and it’s hard to make time even for them. Isn’t it great not to spend your Friday night hanging out with someone else’s friends?
- Innocent flirting. Flirting is one of life’s simplest pleasures. Maintain eye contact a little longer than usual, engage in an interesting conversation, touch a hand, and send a few playful texts that may or may not lead to anything. Isn’t that empowering?
- The best stories at lunch. Crazy, unpredictable stories about your love affairs will make you the most popular at the dinner. Your dating and affair stories don’t necessarily end happily ever after, but they’re always very entertaining.
- All the important decisions are yours alone, and you make them yourself.
How to Be a Happy Single Man
There is no shame in being 30 and still a single man. We live in a time when many unions fall apart and there is no guarantee that even the strongest unions will last. There are many beautiful things in life, and single men are happier. Many would give anything for singleness to break up a hateful relationship!
- Don’t sit around and grieve for what you don’t have. Be 30 years old single man happy and glad that you have family, friends, and good health.
- Appreciate what you have: your creativity, your intelligence, your friends, or your pets as much as your newfound independence.
- Tell yourself that you deserve to be loved, especially by yourself. Self-love means accepting yourself for who you are and knowing that there is always something you can do to become even better. Truly self-love also means making it harder for others to hurt you.
- You shouldn’t have to please everyone and smile when you don’t want to. Be yourself. If you’ve just recently ended a relationship with someone, you’re naturally sad…but not all the time. You shouldn’t regret what happened for very long, it’s not fair to yourself or to others.
- Accept support from others and understand that you are not against the whole world. Friends may be the only ones who understand you the most.
Are single men happier? Solitude is a necessary thing, if you are not used to doing without company, it is time to start learning, because who can be more understanding, and loyal to you as a person if not yourself, learn to entertain yourself, then you never and no one will not scare the lack of people around, and in company with you will not get bored.
Knowing how to spend time with yourself is an important skill, but it is extremely important not to isolate yourself completely and to control your mental processes.