The bar tools you use can impact the quality of your cocktails. If you want to get the most out of your alcohol, there are a few pieces of barware that you should consider investing in.
What is Barware?
Having the proper barware is essential to making great cocktails. Barware refers to the tools and equipment used to make mixed drinks. It includes everything from shakers and strainers to jiggers and muddlers.
There are a few things to keep in mind when choosing barware. First, you need to consider the type of cocktails you want to make because different cocktails require different tools. Second, you need to think about the material.
Some bartenders prefer stainless steel, while others prefer glass or copper. Finally, you need to consider the tools’ size and shape. This will depend on your personal preferences and the space you have available.
Investing in quality barware is essential if you want to make great cocktails at home. Cheap tools can ruin your drinks and fall apart easily, wasting your money when you have to replace them year after year. Bartending is an art; having the right tools will help you create beautiful cocktails that your friends and family will love.
Mixology is the complex skill of mixing various drinks and ingredients. Mixologists study the history of mixed drinks and are well informed on how different ingredients work together, and they know the importance of each and every ingredient in a mixed drink.
Mixologists know they need premium barware because it is essential for giving their drinks the proper temperature, portion, consistency, and appearance. Mixologists understand the importance of utilizing top-notch barware tools because each of these tools plays a vital role in enhancing the drink. For a practical example of this principle in action, view this malibu strawberry daiquiri recipe.
Types of Barware Tools
There are all sorts of barware tools available on the market these days. But which ones are the best for making cocktails? Here are a few of the most popular types of bar tools and what they’re best used for.
- Cocktail Shaker: A cocktail shaker is a must-have for any home bartender. It’s used to mix drinks that contain alcohol and other ingredients, such as Whiskey Sours and Margaritas. There are two types of cocktail shakers: Boston shakers and cobbler shakers. Boston shakers consist of two parts: a mixing glass and a metal tin. Cobbler shakers have three parts: a strainer, a mixing tin, and a cap.
- Strainer: A strainer is essential for making fresh, delicious mixed drinks. It allows you to strain out any impurities or pieces of fruit that may be included in your drink.
- Jigger: A jigger is a small, two-sided measuring cup that is used to measure out precise amounts of liquor for cocktails. Jiggers typically have one side that measures 1 ounce and another side that measures 2 ounces.
- Bar Spoon: A bar spoon is a long, slender spoon that is used to stir cocktails or other drinks. It can be used to measure small amounts of liquid, such as bitters or liqueurs.
- Pour spouts: Pour spouts are small, plastic spouts that can be attached to a bottle or glass rim. They make it easy to pour liquids into glasses without spilling.
- Mixing Glass: These glasses can be used instead of shakers to stir and chill a mixed drink, and they help with maintaining texture.
- Muddler: A muddler is used, much like a pestle, to gently smash fruits, herbs, and spices in the bottom of a glass to release flavor.
- Cutting Board: Cutting boards are necessary for preparing garnishes and ingredients.
- Cocktail Picks: While these are an optional choice, cocktail picks add a certain flair to your garnishes. The picks come in several different sizes to fit a variety of glasses.
Bartenders use the best tools to make their masterpieces, and these are just a few of the many used in bars. There will be instances where some of these tools may be paired together, like a jigger with a built-in strainer.
How Does Premium Barware Improve Cocktails
There are all sorts of ways to make a great cocktail, but one essential element is always going to be the right tools. With A Bar Above’s premium barware, you can make any cocktail taste better. Here’s a look at why better barware makes for better cocktails.
One of the most significant benefits of using better barware is that it can help to bring out the flavors of your cocktail ingredients. When you use high-quality glassware and shakers, you’re able to really highlight the flavors of your spirits and mixers. This allows you to create cocktails that are more well-rounded and complex.
In addition, using better barware can also help you to create more visually appealing cocktails. With beautiful glassware and attractive garnishes, you can take your cocktails to the next level in terms of both taste and presentation. Your guests will be impressed with both the flavor and the look of your creations.
Premium tools will help you measure the ingredients for the drinks more accurately. If you use poor tools, your drinks will likely be too strong or too weak. You may also find it more difficult to properly strain your mixed drinks and achieve the desired flavor profile. When you use better tools, you gain greater control over how your mixed drinks turn out.
Getting premium barware from the beginning will also save you more money in the long run because it won’t rust or fall apart, work improperly, and constantly need to be replaced.
So, if you’re looking to take your cocktails to the next level, be sure to invest in some premium barware. With the right tools, you can make any cocktail taste even better.
The best part about using premium barware is that it’s not just for professionals. Anyone who enjoys making mixed drinks can benefit from investing in quality equipment. Plus, it’ll give your drinks that extra bit of sophistication and complexity that’ll really impress your guests. Whether you’re whipping up a classic Martini or something a little more creative, having the right tools will make all the difference.