Working online allows people to earn from the comfort of their homes as long as they have a computer, a stable internet connection, and the required skills to do the job. It’s a source of employment that allows one to work literally from anywhere, given any time.
With the Covid-19 pandemic, many companies adjusted their office work culture to a hybrid or a completely remote work culture. This has seen more and more people working from home and has also resulted in a rise in the number of people wanting to work for themselves from home.
This is something that you can do on a full-time or part-time basis with the right gig, and there are plenty of online side hustles that you can consider if you want to make money from home in your spare time.
If you’ve been looking for ways to boost your income or find an interesting and entertaining side hustle, this is your chance to do it. Here, we’ll discuss some of the most exciting side hustle ideas you can check out and put your skills into practice. Let’s begin!
How to Start
Getting started is quite easy. But first of all, let’s mention a couple of things you need to know beforehand.
Terms like freelancer, platform, client, and turnaround time are often used in the online environment and are terms you’ll get acquainted with within no time. Online work is often referred to as virtual work as well.
Some side hustles you can do from home include becoming a virtual assistant, social media, blogging, translation, transcription, selling custom products, print-on-demand, and many more.
In today’s digital age, there are lots of other opportunities in addition to the ones just mentioned, so you should always do some research to look at what type of work is available. This will make it easier for you to make a more informed decision with regard to the type of side hustle you choose in order to earn extra money.
1. Social Media
Social media is a great way to earn money online and transform your creative side into a side hustle. There are many platforms where you can show your creativity and create appealing content. The number of social media platforms has increased hugely over recent years, and this means greater choice for those who want to make money from these platforms.
For instance, OnlyFans and TikTok are the most popular social media sites nowadays, with many content creators using them and creating for their fans. You can find all sorts of models and influencers, from travel channels to cooking accounts, and from British to Asian OnlyFans models. You can gain inspiration by checking out some of the top OnlyFans accounts on The Little Slush.
Ways to make money on social media:
- Partnering with brands and creating organic content
- Enrolling in platform-specific monetization programs like the TikTok Creator Fund or Pinterest Creator Rewards
- Joining an affiliate program
- Creating and selling merch
- Sell products in an e-commerce store
These are some of the ways in which you can make extra cash and boost your income by making use of social media platforms.
Print-on-demand refers to the process of creating products with the help of a supplier. After you have the supply of products, you can sell them online under your brand. Such products can include tote bags, hats, T-shirts, and more.
The best part about this side hustle is that you don’t have to pay for the supplied products until you make a sale. This means you can start making money with little to no investment in the beginning.
Consider the following tips when creating print-on-demand products:
- The supplier will take care of the shipping – you don’t have to worry about it
- You’ll be responsible for customer support and satisfaction
- Low investment with minimal upfront costs
- You can create a lot of products, and fast
Make sure you research the process beforehand to determine whether this is the right side hustle for you.
3. Sell Custom Products
One of the most exciting and easiest routes to make money online is by selling custom products. You can make jewelry, home decor, print-on-demand T-shirts, stickers, book covers, bags, etc.
Some of the categories you can tackle are
- Beauty and health – sell skin care products, hair care, cosmetics, vegan products, fragrances, or organic products
- Apparel and clothing – you can make clothes for fun and associate your style and personality with the potential customers and target audience
- Home decor – it’s a pretty popular online side hustle, with many small businesses creating items for the household
- Food and beverage – it’s expected this industry will reach $379 billion by 2025, with a projected rate of 8.21% annually
Selling digital products is also a pretty lucrative side hustle and an exciting one as well! You can create various pieces of digital media, like NFTs, logos, brochures, and music, and transform them into downloadable files so that users can access them.
4. Virtual Assistant
Working as a virtual assistant is an exciting and challenging job opportunity that requires a specific set of skills and a lot of flexibility. With the increased relocation of many businesses into the digital world, the demand for virtual assistants is growing proportionally.
Some of the tasks that are part of the job responsibilities as a virtual assistant include:
- Financial tasks like client invoicing, employees transactions, bookkeeping
- Marketing tasks like email marketing campaigns, managing and publishing content
- Planning trips and paying bills
- Video editing
- Creating material for a podcast
- Responding to emails
- Customer support
Remember, the tasks will vary depending on the company you’re working for, the role, and the work span of responsibilities within the sector. Each virtual assistant has a different specialty, so make sure to seek jobs where you can implement your skills.
Boost Your Income
Now that you’re familiar with some exciting side hustles, it’s time to start applying. Get creative, sharpen your skills, and check some of the online job opportunities.