You don’t have to suffer with a wisdom tooth. There are many things you can do to relieve the discomfort. Read ahead.
Ibuprofen is an over-the-counter pain medication. It relieves all kinds of pains and aches, including wisdom tooth pain. Ibuprofen also helps reduce inflammation too. Almost all pharmacies sell it.
2. Salt Water
Saltwater has anti disinfectant properties. The discomfort from the wisdom tooth may be due to a build-up of bacteria. Gargling salt water should fix the issue. Gargle it 2-3 times a day if you want to see results.
Studies have shown that cloves provide topical pain relief. If you don’t have cloves at home, you might have clove oil. You can use it instead.
- Place the clove on top of the area of your gum that hurts
- Without chewing, hold it in place
- Leave it be there until the pain has numbed
If there are no cloves or clove oil in your area, you can easily buy them online. They don’t cost much either.
4. Tea Bags
Teabags can help fight wisdom tooth pain. Studies have shown that the tannins in tea leaves help fight bacteria, as well as reduce swelling. What is a tannin, you might ask? It is the organic substance in tea that gives it its brownish color.
Make a cup of tea and put the teabag in the fridge – it needs to be cold. Once the teabag is cold enough, place it inside your mouth where the pain is.
When you’re making the tea, be sure not to include any milk or sugar. You don’t want any milk or sugar absorbed into the teabag.
5. Remove the Tooth
The above solutions are not permanent fixes for your problem. All they would do is help ease any discomfort. If you want a solution permanently, remove your wisdom tooth. A dentist can help you out. He would put you under anesthesia and then cut the gum to expose and remove the tooth. The procedure is not lengthy. It will only take up to 45 minutes.
Be sure to see a reputed Vaughan family dentistry clinic such as mapledentalhealth.com. You would have the best results.
After your wisdom tooth is removed, your gum would be sore. You can feel some soreness for up to 2 weeks after the procedure.
How Do You Reduce Gums From Being Infected?
There is a chance that the gum surrounding your wisdom tooth might get infected. This would cause quite a bit of pain. Thankfully, there are many ways to prevent your gums from getting infected.
Drinking a lot of water is essential. You would be able to flush out any food stuck in your teeth, and thus, keep bacteria away from your wisdom tooth.
Avoid Sugary Foods
Don’t eat sugary foods. They can get stuck between your teeth. Also, bacteria tend to grow on sugary food.
When it comes to handling wisdom teeth pain, there are several things you can do. Most of the suggestions discussed would help relieve pain. However, the only permanent solution would be to get the tooth extracted by a dentist.
Brush two times a day
One of the best ways to prevent gums from being infected is brushing two times every day. You should also use suitable toothpaste for yourself. It is essential to research well before selecting the best one.
You might be surprised to know that flossing is beneficial for the overall health of your teeth and gums. The food particles are responsible for gum infection or cavities. Flossing helps reduce the build-up over your teeth.
Some people don’t know how to floss, due to which they face problems. Therefore, it is crucial to know the steps to perform flossing.
Get an anti-gingivitis mouthwash
Many dentists recommend people buy an anti-gingivitis mouthwash. It has antibacterial properties. So, it is beneficial for killing the bacteria in your mouth. You can choose the best one from a variety of options.
Visit your dentist two times every year
You should never forget to visit your dentist at least twice a year. It is because you will get to know the problem in the initial stage. In this way, you don’t have to struggle a lot during the treatment. He will also clean the tartar buildup on your teeth if there is a possibility of the same.
How to treat gum infection at home?
If you are suffering from gum infection, you can also treat it at your home. You can select from the following ways-
- Salt treatment is effective: One of the simplest ways to reduce gingivitis is using saltwater. All you have to do is mix half a tablespoon of salt in one glass of water. Now, take some water into your mouth to do swishing. You should never forget that swishing will only work when you continue to do it for thirty seconds. Otherwise, it won’t give you the expected results. Also, note that using the saltwater treatment for a long time might damage your tooth enamel. It is crucial to take care of the usage period.
Many people prefer it because it works fast. Whenever you have pain in your gums, you can get relief from this method. But you have to do the same carefully.
- Consider oil-pulling: Oil pulling is popular as it is the most ancient method to maintain dental health. It is simple, just like the salt treatment. You can use various oils for this treatment.
Coconut is the best one among all the others. But it depends on your preferences as well. Oil pulling helps in whitening your teeth, prevents headaches, sinuses, and also freshens your breath. For this, you have to take one teaspoon of coconut oil for swishing. You must continue the swishing for at least twenty minutes to get fantastic benefits.
- Use Cloves: Cloves are the best remedy to reduce gingivitis infection. You might already know why it is beneficial for your teeth and gums. It contains antioxidant properties. This method is also simple. You have to grind the cloves and apply them to the infected area. After massaging the area for a minute, you can spit them out.
The Bottom Line
There are a variety of ways in which you can improve your dental health. You have to continue with them till you get the results. We hope you found this article helpful.