You’re not alone if you’re struggling with back acne! Get clear skin and goodbye to embarrassing breakouts with this simple solution: back facials.
Our guide helps you put an end to acne and reclaim your beautiful, healthy skin.
How Can Back Facials Help?
Back facials, also known as bacne treatments, are specialized forms of skincare designed to help remove blemishes and restore the appearance of the skin. During a back facial treatment, aestheticians use specialized products and techniques to cleanse and exfoliate the skin on your back. These techniques may include steam therapy, gentle suctioning or deep cleansing masks that leave the skin feeling refreshed and healthy.
After a session of back facial treatments, many people report a noticeably smoother texture, fewer blemishes, better circulation and improved clarity as overall skin health is improved.
Regular sessions of this kind of treatment can not only help control existing acne on your back but may also help prevent new acne from forming. By using natural exfoliating products such as sea salt scrubs or body cleansers that are specifically formulated for those with sensitive skin types, dead skin cells are gently removed from your subdermal layer and oil production is balanced out so that bacteria finds it more difficult to take root in the deeper layers of tissue. Cleansers and lotions which contain natural antiseptic agents such as tea tree oil or aloe vera can also be used to help keep pores free from blockages which can cause breakouts.
Benefits of Back Facials
They are an excellent way to target skin concerns on the back which can include acne, dullness and dehydration. Going beyond the traditional facial cleansers and treatments of the face, they can soothe the skin while improving its condition and appearance.
Whether you have persistent back acne or some other skin concern that you want to solve, there are several benefits associated with back facials:
- Deep cleansing – These treatments cleanse deeper than most people do at home by using steam and exfoliation techniques that help draw out impurities from deeper layers of the skin.
- Improved rejuvenation – Exfoliation eliminates dead skin cells, allowing new ones to come to the surface that encourages cell production that makes a smoother and more vibrant appearance of your skin in the process.
- Nourishment – Massage works great for relaxing aching muscles but it also helps by nourishing your skin with body lotions which make your skin feel softer and more restored than before.
- Increased circulation – Doing massage during a back facial will increase blood flow below your superficial layer which helps healing of any stubborn pimples or recovery from sunburns/scars by promoting circulation in your veins around areas impacted by blemishes or wounds.*
What to Expect During a Back Facial
It is a popular spa treatment designed to improve the health and appearance of the skin on the back. During the procedure, your aesthetician will cleanse and exfoliate your back, steam it to open up your pores, perform extractions to clear blocked pores and finish taking skin care steps — like applying a chemical peel or mask — that are tailored specifically to meet your needs.
The exact steps taken during a back facial vary depending on factors like your skin type but typically involve the following steps:
- Cleansing: Your aesthetician begins by washing away dirt and other impurities with an enzymatic cleanser or glycolic acid-based cleanser.
- Exfoliation: A gentle manual exfoliant is used to help remove dead skin cells that accumulate on the surface of your skin, leaving it clean and fresh. If you have especially sensitive skin, this step can be skipped altogether.
- Extractions: Manual extractions are performed using a small tool designed specifically for removing blackheads, whiteheads, and other blemishes from deep within your pores without pushing bacteria further into the skin.
- Steam: After manual extractions have been performed, soft soaking towels saturated with steaming hot water or aromatic essential oils may be placed over the treatment area for several minutes in order to stimulate circulation, open up pores for easy extractions and allow product applied during later steps of the treatment penetrate more effectively into the deeper layers of your skin.
- Treatment Mask/Chemical Peel: Your aesthetician then applies an appropriate clay mask or chemical solution that deeply cleanses while also helping reduce inflammation caused by acne breakouts while taking special care not to cause irritation or further damage already inflamed areas of the skin.
Aftercare for Your Back Facial
Aftercare for it is just as important as post-care to ensure that you get the best results from the treatment. The esthetician may give you aftercare instructions, but for optimal results keep in mind the following tips:
- Wear loose clothing and allow any product used during your facial to be absorbed into the skin. Avoid wearing anything that is tight or restrictive while allowing natural air flow to your skin.
- Avoid direct sunlight and chlorinated swimming pools after a back facial as these can cause further irritation of the skin and disrupt healing. Try to stay out of hot tubs or whirlpools if possible.
- Refrain from strenuous physical activities like running or intense exercise for 24 hours following a back facial in order to allow products used during your facial time to sink into the skin without interruption. Even light exercise such as yoga or swimming can further irritate freshly cleaned pores causing more breakouts of acne after the back facial. Allow occasional sweatings such as hot yoga, sauna or steam rooms but not regular workout sessions until completely healed from a back facial.
It’s important to choose a qualified skin care professional who understands your specific concerns and can address them accordingly. Make sure to choose products that are tailored for use on the back and not on the face, as these areas tend to require different amounts of product due to their varying densities of skin.
Ask questions during your appointment so you understand how best to care for your skin after a back facial treatment and remember that following these guidelines post-treatment is just as important as having a successful appointment in the first place.
If you want to know how to take care of your skin during summer click here.