Ever since the dawn of mankind, there have been certain moments that have defined our history, charted our present and paved the way for the future.
The invention of fire, the introduction of the steam engine, the birth of the computer, and the internet can be considered as some watershed moments of humanity.
These moments affected every aspect of our being- economic, social, political, cultural, emotional, and mental.
In the last decade, there is one such moment that is making a serious claim to become a part of that illustrious league.
Satoshi Nakamoto’s idea of a financial system that was free from the control of governments and banks, run by freedom of technology and the internet was as promising an idea as it could get.
It would provide financial access to billions of individuals that were unbanked. Help common individuals fight inflation, and save their money even when the authorities were guilty of making bad governance decisions.
It’s 2023, and Cryptocurrencies have been accepted in our mainstream social, cultural, and financial systems.
Cryptocurrencies Are Here To Stay; Finally
While Bitcoin began its journey in 2008, it was nearly after a decade that it started gaining popularity. For something that was intended to challenge the supremacy of governments and central banks, their reaction was obvious.
Just look at the multi-billion-dollar businesses that are growing around cryptocurrencies. You have amazing crypto investment platforms like ImmediateEdge that attract millions of active and new investors every month.
Most countries of the world did not approve of cryptocurrencies and passed stringent legislation. They ran smear campaigns around cryptocurrencies being used to fund arms trade, trafficking and drug cartels. Nothing of it was found to stick in the crypto community.
The rising popularity, promise, and growth in valuations meant that millions started engaging and investing in one cryptocurrency or another in different parts of the world. This forced governments to regulate the crypto ecosystem and levy taxes on earnings.
The following are some major evidence that point to the same:
- Governments are increasing policy regulations that are bringing cryptocurrencies close to legal status. Tough words like ‘banned’ and ‘illegal’ have been replaced by regulations and control.
- Small business acceptance and adoption of cryptocurrencies are on the rise. There are many crypto-offshoot start-ups that have sprung up in different parts of the world. In a short time, many of them have assumed Unicorn status.
- Banks and other financial institutions have now started rolling out crypto financial services. This includes high-interest savings accounts, personal loans on crypto collaterals, as well as staking.
- Mainstream businesses, including the biggest tech companies, are actively experimenting and engaging with Blockchain, Smart Contracts, NFTs and the Metaverse. This is pushing investments and new innovations in the sector.
Investment and Growth Opportunities in Cryptocurrencies
When you start a new business you need to be smart about the investments.
If you are new in the business it might look like a pretty essay, but believe it or not, it’s not an essay at all.
We have one test for you here!
Let us put your mind to the test. Think about an investment area or class that within a period of 2 years was able to give returns in excess of 300%?
Do you know the answer?
Maybe it looks strange to you but the answer is nothing. Believe us or not. The only investment that was able to successfully give growth and returns of that level were Crypto. Specifically, Bitcoin, Dogecoin, Ethereum, and Shiba Inu were able to register astronomical growth within a period of as less as two years! The last two years were the golden ages for crypto.
During the pandemic, all other investment areas and opportunities were showing a downward spiral. Stock markets all over the world were down. Commodities like oil and gas were trading in negatives. There was just one investment that was registering growth- cryptocurrencies.
During the pandemic and the subsequent economic difficulties, it was cryptocurrencies that came to the aid of normal investors that were able to count on them for financial stability and growth. The people that benefited the most were normal citizens.
Let us look at some factors to consider before you start investing in cryptocurrencies:
- Make sure that you choose more than one digital coin. Do not make all your investments in just one area. This will help you balance the risks.
- Do not go for just any other crypto trading or investment platform. Try to look at reviews and ratings before choosing the best and most credible one.
- Try to learn as much about the crypto ecosystem as possible. Don’t go by what others are saying. Read research papers and listen to podcasts from experts in the field.
- If you are beginning with your investor journey, start small. Even if you end up with a less favorable market, you will not be losing a lot of money.
- Try to read the market and make informed decisions. Cryptocurrencies deliver the best returns when you take a long-term view of your investments at all times.
The Final Takeaway
Many people that were of the opinion that cryptocurrencies are just a passing phase that will be gone sooner rather than later have had to eat their words. With mainstream adoption and legalizations underway, it would be fair to say that cryptocurrencies and their offshoot technologies are here to stay.
We hope that this article will help you with this topic. We all know that crypto is the new way to make your business modern, quick and last, but not the least safe.