Dangerous roads and traffic are the most significant causes of traffic accidents. If you live in Michigan, you must know which roads to avoid. Besides, you must also know how to drive carefully on dangerous roads. We have curated this article to guide you through these things. So, make sure to read this article till the end.
The worst thing about getting into an accident is that people lose their lives. In Michigan, the number of people dying because of accidents has increased. Unfortunately, this problem will grow in the future if people don’t learn how to drive responsibly. You can consider following the tips we discuss later in the article to become a responsible driver. This way, you won’t only save yourself from accidents but also contribute to reducing the number.
Michigan has various roads where traffic accidents are more common. It is always better to get some information regarding them. Why? Well, whenever you drive through these places, you will be more careful. You can check the data through Michigan Traffic Statistics Graphic. Here you will get all the information you need about traffic analysis and accidents in Michigan.
You might be curious to learn about the most dangerous roads in Michigan. Let’s not waste any further time and dive into it.
What Are The Most Dangerous Roads In Michigan?
You must be aware of the places where most traffic accident cases happen. Avoiding them might not solve the problem, but you can take some precautions while driving.
- I-94: It is a famous highway in Michigan where the traffic always makes people wait long hours. However, it is also the most helpful highway because it connects various cities. Due to this reason, many people drive through it.
This highway has a high traffic accident rate and is not decreasing. The primary reasons are traffic, speeding, drunk driving, etc. According to the data, thousands of accidents occur yearly on this road. The only way to reduce the number is to learn and encourage responsive driving.
There are some valuable tips to avoid getting into accidents while driving through I-94. First, you should always be focused on driving without any distractions. Avoid drunk driving and be careful of the speeding limits. Also, note to maintain a suitable space between other vehicles. You can choose a time when traffic is not present if you aren’t comfortable driving like this.
- M-14: Another dangerous road in Michigan of M-14. This freeway forms a connection between Detroit and Ann Arbor. That is why it is one of the busiest roads with thousands of vehicles.
High traffic jams are the most significant contributor to o accidents on this road. You cannot prevent them, but you can take steps to be a responsible driver. The common reasons for mishappenings on this road are high-speed driving, irresponsible lane changes, and distracted driving.
You can protect yourself from accidents in straightforward ways. A responsible driver takes care of the speeding limit, knows when to change lanes, and is attentive throughout driving. Your primary goal is to achieve that level.
- I-75: You might already know I-75 if you live in Michigan. This highway also comes on the list of dangerous roads. I-75 connects Detroit and the Upper Peninsula. It is always busy as people travel through these regions. Also, the highway is not only busy with vehicles but also trucks. That is why you must be a professional driver on this highway.
Many accidents occur on I-75. The number has not been down in the last few years. It has always been more than 1000. This busy highway makes people vulnerable when driving because they don’t know what to do in challenging situations.
You can avoid trouble by focusing on the speed limits, maintaining enough space between other automobiles, and staying away from distracted things. In some cases, people also forget to check if any construction is going on. So, you should also do the same before taking your car there. Otherwise, you will be stuck for a very long time.
- M-53: Have you heard about the M-53 highway in Michigan? If not, it is one of the most dangerous highways in the city. This highway usually has a lot of commercial vehicles due to the connection of Port Huron and Sterling Heights.
It is always better to avoid driving on this road as there is massive traffic. Once you get stuck, you must know the speeding rules and how to maintain proper distance. It is the only method to prevent various risks while driving.
What Are The Tips To Prevent Traffic Accidents In Michigan?
You can quickly become a professional driver and prevent road accidents by following these tips-
- Learn and follow basic traffic rules: You might have already been aware of Michigan’s traffic rules. Well, some drivers know them but don’t follow them. You should not make this mistake if you don’t want to harm yourself and your car. These rules help reduce accidents to a great extent.
- Avoid distractions: Distracted driving is the leading cause of traffic accidents. These include eating, texting, drinking, calling, etc., while driving. You should do all these activities once you have reached your destination. A little mistake can create huge problems on the road.
- Check the weather forecast: If you plan to go on a long journey, check the weather conditions before starting. Sometimes, intense rainfall and thunderstorms also disturb driving and cause mishappenings.
- Follow speed limits: Every road has a particular speed limit you cannot exceed at any cost. But if you do that, you have to face the consequences. Spending limits are more crucial in traffic jams. There is a high chance of accidents in these situations.
- Stay focused on driving: You have to do just one thing, which is focused on what you are doing. Professional drivers don’t allow distractions to come their way, and that is how they prevent accidents.
Michigan has various types of roads, but not all are unsuitable for driving. We hope you know how to drive on Michigan’s dangerous roads. You can follow the above-discussed steps to get the best results.