Restylane is one of the most well-known brands of dermal fillers offered by aesthetic medicine these days. It produces highly qualitative, effective, and long-lasting anti-aging solutions, which are strongly beloved by healthcare providers and their patients all over the world.
But how long does Restylane take to work? Well, how about looking for an answer to this question together? Let us go through the below-mentioned text to check out the essential information on the Restylane brand!
What Is Restylane?
Let us start by checking out the peculiarities of Restylane treatment. Below, you will find the details on its definition, manufacturer, composition, product range, indications, contraindications, and expected results.
Restylane is a brand of dermal fillers used to rejuvenate and enhance the overall appearance of a patient’s skin. While effectively addressing a wide range of aesthetic issues, it is an excellent minimally-invasive solution to acquire attractive, well-moisturized, and smooth skin that allows a patient to return to their normal daily activities almost immediately after the treatment!
The manufacturer of Restylane is Q-Med (an aesthetic division of Galderma). While being a Swiss pharmaceutical company, it is one of the leading providers of dermal filler solutions worldwide. It produces its aesthetic solutions by means of combining profound experience and innovative development in the sphere.
Among other pharmaceutical solutions produced by Galderma are Cetaphil, Differin Gel, Dysport Gel, Epiduo Forte Gel, Mirvaso Gel, Oracea Capsules, Proactiv, Sculptra, Soolantra Cream, and so on. All these products have their own peculiarities, starting from composition and ending with expected results.
Restylane has a premium composition based on synthetic hyaluronic acid, which efficiently replaces a naturally-occurring substance that might be found in human skin. The main task of hyaluronic acid is to hydrate skin tissues by means of attracting moisture to its cells.
As well, some Restylane treatments use prefilled lidocaine hydrochloride in their composition. It is a local anesthetic that effectively numbs the injection site and, therefore, improves a patient’s level of comfort during the procedure.
The product range of the Restylane dermal fillers consists of several effective solutions, such as:
- Restylane. It is a basic version of the product that appears in two variations, namely with prefilled lidocaine hydrochloride (Restylane-L) and without it (Restylane). Restylane-L and Restylane are the most universal products in the brand’s range and, therefore might be applied to the vast majority of facial zones (including delicate areas of the face and lips);
- Restylane Contour, As suggested by its name, is a dermal filler that is used to contour a facial oval. While having one of the highest densities among other Restylane fillers, it is an optimal solution to create an attractive contour of the face;
- Restylane Defyne. It is a dermal filler used to define certain facial features, such as cheeks or chin. Restylane Defyne is a great option for those patients who would like to improve the symmetry of their face and work with proportions;
- Restylane Kysse. While being one of the most popular lip fillers available on the market these days, it provides a patient with natural-looking lip augmentation. In other words, it works as an excellent option for those who want their thin lips to appear plumper;
- Restylane Lyft. Apart from belonging to the category of facial fillers, it might also be used to smooth wrinkles on the hands of a patient. Thus, it is one of those universal cosmetic treatments for the face and body offered by aesthetic medicine these days;
- Restylane Refyne. It is a gentle dermal filler with a great number of aesthetic indications. In most cases, healthcare providers use it to address mild to severe wrinkles around the facial oval and reduce the appearance of acne scars;
- Restylane Silk. While being a dermal filler with a silky structure, it belongs to Restylane injections used to address tender lip tissues. Most patients who have undergone this lip filler treatment claim their results to be exceptionally natural-looking;
- Restylane Volume. It is a dermal filler used to restore age-related facial volume loss. It also effectively tightens the sagging skin and, therefore, makes it look more elastic and young. Thus, it is a minimally-invasive alternative for facial lifting surgery.
Since all Restylane products are intended for professional use, only a certified healthcare provider is eligible to buy Restylane online (EU) and use it in practice.
All dermal filler injections manufactured by Restylane are indicated for the improvement of a patient’s skin health and appearance. More precisely, they do a great job when it comes to the treatment of the following aesthetic problems:
- Fine lines and wrinkles (for instance, nasolabial folds, crow’s feet, marionette lines, or wrinkles on hands);
- Acne scars;
- Dehydrated, sagging, and bleaks skin tissues;
- Age-related facial volume loss;
- Thin and poorly-contoured lips.
The treatment with the help of Restylane might also be used to address other aesthetic problems after the approval of a healthcare provider.
Restylane treatment should not be used if a patient has one of the following contraindications to it:
- Allergic reactions to hyaluronic acid or lidocaine hydrochloride;
- Serious chronic diseases;
- Ongoing skin infection at the intended treatment area;
- Parallel intake of aspirin, vitamin E, or any other incompatible with a hyaluronic acid injection product;
- Pregnancy or breastfeeding.
The ignorance of these contraindications might cause unwanted complications after the treatment. Therefore, it is vital to pay proper attention to them.
According to numerous clinical studies, the expected results of Restylane treatments are exceptionally natural-looking. The product manages to smooth, hydrate, and nurture the skin and add more volume to the lips without creating an artificial effect of a mask on a patient’s face.
Moreover, synthetic hyaluronic acid in the composition of Restylane treatments is used to accelerate the production of collagen, which is a natural substance responsible for the attractiveness of the skin. Thus, it is expected to nurture the skin tissues “from within.”
How Long Does It Take for Restylane to Work?
Now, let us figure out how long it takes for Restylane to work. Here, you will find the answers to the top-3 questions in this regard.
Question #1: How Does Restylane Work?
After being administered into a patient’s body, molecules of hyaluronic acid in the composition of Restylane start attracting moisture to the skin cells. As a result, they ensure profound skin hydration within a short time period.
Question #2: Do the Results of Restylane Become Visible Immediately?
Under normal circumstances, the first results of the Restylane treatment appear immediately. However, it might take up to two weeks to evaluate the full results of the Restylane treatment since the skin might need this time to finish the recovery process.
Question #3: How Long Do the Results of Restylane Last?
In most cases, the results of Restylane treatments are exceptionally long-lasting. Depending on the individual peculiarities of each patient, such as their skin type or health condition, they might have a duration from several months to a couple of years.
Furthermore, a patient might substantially prolong the results of the treatment by means of avoiding direct sunlight after the procedure and applying sunscreen cream to the treatment area. As well, it is recommendable to undergo periodical touch-up injections from time to time.
To Sum Up
All in all, Restylane is an advantageous treatment that rejuvenates and improves the appearance of a patient in an instant but nevertheless long-lasting way. So, how about trying it out yourself? Simply schedule an appointment with your healthcare provider and enjoy your attractive skin!